8th Grade Mathematics
Come to class on time, prepared and ready to learn.
Actively participate in class, and always raise your hand for a question or comment.
Show respect for yourself, others, the classroom and school facilities.
Being respectful is a two way street!
- Binder with filler paper
- Sharpened pencils with erasers - pen for corrections only
- Dry erase board and markers
How to Work: Classwork and Homework
- All notes will be posted through Google Slides and shared with your class period through Google Classroom. Please feel free to refer back to these notes at any time. You are encouraged to take additional notes during the lesson (if needed) in your binder.
- When taking notes, begin a new page each day in class by recording the date and topic at the top of the page. This will help you to stay organized when referring back to your notes.
- Homework may consist of worksheets, problems from the textbook, ixl assignments, and/or assignments through the online textbook. Worksheets will be posted through Google Classroom and/or the online textbook.
- All work that is done for the worksheets must be done on a separate piece of paper.
- Begin a new page for homework each day by recording the date and the assignment at the top of the page.
- All problems from the textbook MUST be copied into your notebook (except word problems).
- All work needed to solve a problem must be shown – NO WORK = NO CREDIT!!!
- All work should be corrected as we go over it.
- All quizzes and tests are announced at least two days in advance.
- Pop quizzes may occasionally be given.
- All tests and quizzes are graded on a point system.
- A total point value is assigned to each test. Your grade will appear as a fraction reflecting the points you have earned (numerator) out of the total possible points (denominator). To calculate the percent correct, divide the numerator by the denominator.
- Certain homework and class work assignments will be collected and graded.
- Homework is graded on completion. Completed homework assignments are worth 2 points.
- Your marking period average will be broken up as follows: 40% for tests, 30% for quizzes, 20% for supplemental activities and online programs, 5% for independent practice, 5% for District Common Assessments.
- You are responsible for all work done while you are absent!!
- Please refer to Google Classroom for all assignments that you may have missed. All notes will be posted through Google Slides and shared with your class period through Google Classroom. Homework assignments can also be found on the calendar posted on my teacher page.
- All homework assignments must be made up! You are responsible to show the completed assignments in order to receive the credit for them.